Potosi

We arrived in Potosi a couple of days ago after a fairly short bus ride. It is the highest city in the world and I am definitely feeling the altitude! It´s not quite as attractive as Sucre, but it´s easier on the eyes than alot of the Bolivian towns we have seen. We found a nice hostel and have been taking it easy. There are some mines nearby that are what people come to see. I believe over 9 million people have been killed working them. I am going to give the tour a miss as being stuck underground in a mine isn´t exactly appealing to me especially with my accident proness. We are using this at a quiet stopping point before heading to the salt flats near Uyuni. My foot was feeling better but the altitude has set it back a few days. I am looking forward to being closer to sea level.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Thank you for the link Sarah, I will read back and forward and try to catch up. lol ... busy lady, you.

Post a Comment