A little update

I have been back in KL for about a week now. I got a job at a dive shop in a massive mall just outside of the city. I helped sell dive equipment and I got 23% commission. It seemed like a pretty good deal, until I realised it wasn't. Things were slow and I often made only $1 in 12 hours. So I have decided that yesterday was my final day. My time can be much better spent doing other things. They wanted me to sell things to the foreigners, but the foreigners who came in were often dive instructors and got a discount, which meant I didn't get a commission. I was also the only one of the employees who had been diving before and could give some advice about things. It's also quite far from where I am staying. Things were so slow that I managed to get through a book a day. So I have managed to read about 5 books this week.

I stayed with Jeeva for a few days then moved into a guesthouse where I will be staying until I leave KL. I decided I needed a little bit of my own space for a few weeks. I am not really sure what I will be doing until I leave, but may find a bit of volunteering to do. I can keep myself pretty busy though.

1 comments:

David March 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM  

How long did you spend in South East Asia? I lived in Bangkok for 2 years.

Post a Comment