There and back again...

Now it's definitely time for a new blog entry. It feels like a bit of a chore sometimes, especially when you don't feel like writing anything. I am now officially a divemaster! I left the Perhentians and headed to Bangkok. The journey took over thirty hours - a boat, two buses, a train and some walking. I was utterly exhausted when I got there, but had a nice surprise. Mike, my roomie from Santiago was in Bangkok as well. We only saw each other briefly before headed to Northern Thailand.

I stayed near Khao San Road the popular tourist road. I must admit that Bangkok was not for me. I would like to try it again sometime in the future. I was in a bad mood and tired from travelling. I definitely realised I needed a break from my break. Bangkok was noisy, polluted and I met some of the weirdest foreigners I have ever met! I had a few things stolen from my room including my only debit card and to top things off I fell and fractured my elbow.

I decided enough was enough and booked a flight back to KL after convincing a dive shop to give me a job selling equipment. I start on Monday. I am happy to be back, employed and around familiar faces, Ruben and Lara are here until Monday and I am staying with a Couch Surfer Jeevah, and am sharing a room with several snakes, a couple of lizards and some tarantulas.

Am happy to be here hanging around until I fly back to England...

0 comments:

Post a Comment