Cancun - Chetumal - Belize City

I arrived in cancun fairly early on Wednesday. It took a couple of hours to get to the hostel. I met a few americans and we went out in the evening. Had some "street" tacos - my first meal in Mexico!!! Had a very late night and got back to the hostel around four. Had to get up at 6 the next day for a bus.

It was a six hour bus ride to chetumal on the border. I met a dutch woman and a canadian man in the hostel there. We went for a walk near the sea. We had a good meal and then another early morning. We couldn't buy bus tickets ahead of time, but when we got there this morning. The people I was with were going to Guatemala so I negotiated my way onto their bus and asked the bus driver to drop me off in Belize. My spanish has served me well!

Arrived at Liberty house this morning. Left Chetumal at around 6am and got here at about 11 or so. They were having there christmas party and I have settled in well. Everyone is very friendly and the kids are a lot of fun!

Looking forward to some sleep and sun!

3 comments:

Wandering Elk January 8, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

That sounds like you've had quite an experience already. Nice that it seems so easy to meet people. You'll meet some characters. Hope you get plenty of sleep and sun this weekend. Send some sun please. Fulham game was canceled due to adverse weather.

Anonymous January 10, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

wow sounds like a looooooooad of travelling already! and ur meeting ppl omg this is a start of a great adventure sarah! keep updatingggg miss youuuu XOXOXOX

Georgina :D

Wandering Turtle January 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Dad - I would send some sun but it is actually pretty chilly and there is a load of torrential rain. Send some dryness here!!

Miss you too Gerogina xoxoxo

Post a Comment