Liberty House Dia Tres!

This weekend was pretty relaxed. They didn't have a lot for me to do, so I just helped around with cleaning and playing with the children. I tried to catch up on my sleeping. There seem to be alot of meals, am learning to decline food. There is alot of it and not very healthy!

I am trying to make myself useful. They don't really have a lot for me to do. I did a bit of gardening this morning, but he told me I wasn't ready for anything more. I think I am going to be given some admin work this afternoon since the director doesn't have a secretary anymore.

I was given brief waltzing lessons last night and today am going to have to teach the children how to walz - a disaster waiting to happen. Everyone is suprised by my lack of rythm and dancing skills!

Another volunteer may be coming today or sometime this week. I have been told that I shouldn't really leave the compound by myself so I have pretty much been stuck here. It doesn't help that I don't have any belizen money since I didn't get a chance between here and Mexico to get any.

I have been told that there is a thrift store nearby that Liberty house owns so I will be working there fridays and saturdays. Otherwise I don't really know my schedule or whether I will have much time off to travel around Belize.

No Spanish is spoken in this area but I can half understand Creole since it is pretty close to English. My goal is to understand it fully by the time I leave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment