Night Around Town and Caye Caulker.


Friday night, one of the care givers at Liberty took us to a bar which played very loud reggae music. We chatted with the locals and played a lot of dominoes, which is what people do here when they drink. I played several games, and have finally gotten the hang of it. Also got to try some barracuda empenadas and other delights!

Saturday, Georgie and I took the bus into Belize City. After about five minutes it was stopped and a couple policeman came on. They frisked the man sitting in front of us and they took him away. We got into Belize City fairly safely. We took a water taxi to Caye Caulker. On the boat, I saw someone I had met in Cancun. He was only there for the day though.

Georgie and I stayed in a nice little hostel and some lovely people. We went swimming and wandered around the island. It is very small and you can easily walk from one side to the other in about 10 minutes. It was very relaxing.

Today we were only there until 1, but I had a very late night and an early morning. I got a lot of sun, and eventhough I didn't go snorkeling or diving (yet) I still managed to see plenty of wild life - rays, starfish, baracuddas...etc

I did accidently drop my watch in the ocean though. Sorry John-o it was the one you gave me :(

Back at liberty now. Georgie has decided to come home and there aren't anymore volunteers, so we shall see how things go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment