Another day, another country...

I arrived in Auckland yesterday at a god-awful hour: 420am, after a rather pleasent flight where a boy kicked the back of my seat for thirteen hours straight. Auckland isn't such a bad place, but I am feeling that four days may be rather too long, or really 3.5 days. James calls it an "un city" although I am not really sure what that means. I asked and then forgot, but I remember him using a bunch of sounds and hand gestures to describe the meaning, so somehow I don't think it'll quite work for me to translate it into words.

We are staying at a hostel in queens street in downtown Auckland. We have done a HUGE amount of walking. It is strange to be out of Latin America and I rather miss it. We are meeting a bit of a different crowd in the hostels. Mostly british people on their gap years who have large bags and straightners. Hmmm... this will take some getting used to, along with being able to put toilet paper in the toilet (and not the bin), not haggling (although I did do that with a shuttle into the city from the airport) and wearing seat belts. But soon that will all change when I get to South East Asia - so excited!!!

I keep trying to couch surf, but am not having any luck, so it looks like more hostels and dorms - yay? I am not too excited, am definitely looking for a break from dorms. Here we are sharing with several Essex Girls and got woken up at 3am this morning after... I think I should just leave it there.

Looks like more walking around the schedule tomorrow. We did go to the Auckland museum today which was very good and saw a movie yesterday. Also have been fufilling craving like hummus, but we are still looking for Spring Rolls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment