Kangaroos and Chocolate Biscuits!

I guess it was about time to let everyone know that I was still alive. I have been very bad about emailing and skyping since I have left South America. Maybe I left my brain there - time to go back and find it then! I am writing this offline because internet has been very frustrating! It seems to cost a fortune everywhere except my hostel where it is just annoyingly slow. I have just found out that libraries and McDonalds both have free wifi, but it is 10 pm and I am in my pyjamas so it'll be another day.

I spent five days in Melbourne and had a very good time. I stayed with some friends of ours from London who moved back a couple years ago. It was nice to see them and have a break from hostels. I still haven't quite caught up on my sleep, but I am getting there. My first day was rather boring. I spent several hours at A & E. It was definitely needed though. I got my foot xrayed to find out that it is not broken like the Ecuadorian doctors told me, but I have done something to the tendon. Just needs rest and ice. Which means a longer recovery time, but they taped it up differently so I am alot more comfortable.

The second day I went with Lisa to Geelong to see Harrison who is at boarding school at Geelong Grammer where Prince Charles went. It is a beautiful school - if only Bedford looked anything like that! We went to an AMAZING French restaurant where I had veggie crepes and a chocolate soufflee. I seem to constantly be hungry and tired! I am hoping some relaxing will get it all out of my system. The late nights and lack of sleep are definitely catching up to me. Will also help when I don't need to stay in dorms anymore.

On Thursday I met up with Ali, a friend from school who is now studying at Monash Uni in Melbourne. It was really nice to catch up and also saw her Friday evening, my last night in Melbourne. I walked into the city on Thursday and meandered my way through the botannical gardens and WWII memorial. You can climb up to the top and get a good view of the city. I went back in Friday night with Ali and we walked around a bit. I also purchased a netbook and got a pretty good deal. I also got some Jeans and Shoes so I am feeling like less of a hobo.

I flew to Sydney yesterday. Had to get up at 430 am! Way too early. I checked into my hostel which is in Kings Cross and is very central. I took a nap and by the time I woke up it was 3pm. I managed to pull myself out of bed. Eventhough it was sprinkling I decided to go for a walk. I managed to get myself lost in a resedencial area where there were a load of dead ends. By then it started pouring and I finally found my way to a train station and got back to the hostel. I had an early dinner and a fairly early night. The hostel is nice and small, but everyone has been here for at least a month already working, so it is a slightly hard to get mixed in. I am in a small room though which is nice. There are 3 other beds, one of which is empty. One roomie is no where to be seen and the other works nights so she was just going to bed as I was leaving this morning. In otherwords it is lovely and quiet!

I met up with Elvira today, a German girl I met in Ecuador. We spent about a week together and also met up again in Santiago briefly before I left. We had a nice girly day and walked around the city. This time I managed not to get lost and we made our way to the Sydney Opera House. We made a nice dinner and worked on her CV. She is here for a few months working and travelling before going to South East Asia. She is doing a similar RTW trip. She finished her PhD in Biochemisty last year and is taking a year off before going back. She's in a different hostel right behind mine so we are very close! Not really sure what are plans are, but tomorrow we are going to head to Bondi Beach with a picnic if the weather is nice. If not then we might go to the aquarium and maybe to a few museums.

I have had some success with couch surfing and will be staying with somebody in Singapore. I also got a message back from someone here in Sydney who I may meet up with for lunch one day and he has offered to show me around the city for a bit one afternoon.

Parenti - I promise to call soon, but this time difference is doing my head in. I get so confuzzled. When I tried to call this evening, I got through to dad but then got cut off - sorry. I then was going to try you mum, but I realised it was 2am or something in California. Will definitely try harder tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment