Sydney

So exciting, I can now write my blog entries offline, and just copy and past them when I am online next. Saves a lot of time! I am on the flight from Sydney to Cairns. Had mixed feeling about leaving. Part of me was super happy to move on - one step closer to South East Asia. At the same time, I was leaving Elvira! It was actually quite a sad parting - but we shall hopefully be meeting up at somepoint in the next few months.

The weather in Sydney has been horrible! Rain rain rain! Not good for my already short/frizzy hair. What was i thinking? At least it'll grow back. Very flexible, not like the tattoo or marriage I just got....

...Joking?

I think I last wrote about monday. Or something around there. I have mostly been hanging out with Elvira. Doing CVs, and helping her job search. We did a tad bit more of walking aorund, but not too much with the rain. We did go to the aquarium. Just saw the outside never managed to actually by the ticket and walk in. Maybe it was the $35 entrance fee or laziness or something esle entirely, but I am sure James will be disappointed. He told me that while I am in Sydney I MUST go to the Aquarium and the chocolate. Neither of which I did.

We went to Bondi beach tuesday afternoon with her roomie Jenny. It was actually quite pretty. There is a walk that you can do to Cogee beach which is supposed to be lovely. We only did part of it because I didn't have enough time to do all of it. I met up with someone from Couch surfing. He had said I could stay with him, but I had already paid upfront for accomodation, so we just met up at a Thai restaurant in the city and then grabbed a coffee tueday evening. We met up again on wednesday and he gave me a little tour of sydney.

All in all it was a good stop and am now lookig forward to doing a dive in Cairns. I keep hearing really mixed things about the diving here. A lot of people say it's not worth paying all the money, that it's better to just snorkel, but I am dying to do a dive again, so I hope i am able to organize it quickly. Because of flying there is only a short window where I can organize it.

Not a lot else is going on right now. I am hoping the hostel I booked in Cairns is a little nicer than the one in Sydney. It's a little one just outside of the town. I think there will be more travellers then the one in Sydney. Most people were staying there while working in Sydney for a few months. However there were also a lot of permanant residents - someone had been staying in a 10 bed dorm for almost two years. I know GOOD GOLLY! I really can't think of anything more horrible, but he said he really liked the social aspect of a hostel and never got around to finding an apartment or anything.

We are about to land, so hopefully this will get posted soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 4, 2010 at 3:05 AM  

Hi there!

Is Carins' in Austrailia? I am ignorant of Geography.

Have Fun!
Hugs,
LS

Wandering Turtle June 5, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

yes Cairns in Australia

Post a Comment