Kuala Lumpur

I arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday afternoon. I met an Australian guy on the bus who had been to KL before. He was staying at a hostel in an Area called Chow Kit. It was a really nice hostel, but the area not so much. So on Sunday I met up with Mun, a Couch Surfing member who took me to a nicer and much more central area Bukit Bitang. He then took me or a Malaysian breakfast where I had Canai Roti and showed me around Kuala Lumpur. It was definitely a whirlwind tour. I saw all of the main sites - petronas towers, museums, oldest mosque...etc Mun took me to an indian restaurant where I had some awesome food served on banana leaves.

On Monday Mun took me to Batu caves which is a temple in a cave. Very very cool. We also went to see the national monument which was pretty cool. I will hopefully be putting up some pictures soon.

I have done so much the last few days that it is all beginning to run together. Mun showed me around some more and yesterday took me to Putra Jaya where there are all the governmental buildings. I am now couch surfing with a friend of his. There is tons to do here. I am eating well and last night went to a bar to see my host perform with his band. They were very good!

I think I will stay in KL for a few days longer. I am enjoying the rest, eventhough I have been up late every night. THings seem to be running here 24/7 especially with the world cup going on. I have my DM course organised and should start that on the 14th of JUly. So I am very excited about that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment