Coban - Flores

I have been in Flores for three days, and am about to leave to head back into Belize to wait for mom. The bus from Coban to Flores was early in the morning and very crowded. We hit a pig (or possibly a big dog) on the way and was otherwise uneventful. I am staying in a hostel called Los Amigos which has a vegetarian restaurant. SO lovely was getting a bit sick of veggie tacos and bean sandwiches.

My first full day I went to Tikal, some mayan ruins that are pretty nearby. They were much more impressive than the ones in Honduras. There was one temple that you can climb up to. The stairs are almost vertical - it was a lot scarier then it looked. Going down was the worst, but I made it!

Yesterday I did some laundry and had a fairly relaxed day. I rented a canoe with a few people and we canoed over to a town called San Miguel. You can hike up to a view point and get a pretty good look at things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment