Campeche

I got to Campeche... a few days ago. I seem to have lost all track of time. It is one of those places that the longer you stay the harder it is to leave. I was looking for a quiet city and I have definitely found it. I am staying at a pirate hostel and am pretty much the only person. They gave me a private room for the same price as a dorm because they thought some more people would be coming. It does mean I have a kitchen to myself which has been nice. Although a couple of nights ago there was a couple from Oxnard...

I have been having a relaxing few days, but have spent way too much time on the internet today trying to upload my photos. Yesterday I went to the archaeologicl museum. It was quite a hike from here, about a 4km walk each way. Seemed longer because a bit of it was uphill and my legs were already really sore from my run the previous day.

Campeche is a colonial city and is very pretty. Reminds me a lot of a quieter version of Antigua. Last night I decided to walk a different direction down the coast and though I had walked into the US. There was a sams club, walmart, office depot...etc. It sort of ruined a part of the city for me.

Tomorrow I think I will head to Valladolid and am finally ready to see more ruins. I think it will take a bit to get there. There is a straight bus that goes Valladolid to Campeche but not the reverse so I will have to back track to Merida then switch to another bus to Valladolid. Doesnt make sense to me either.

Now off to an afternoon of sunbathing and reading.

1 comments:

James March 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

ARGHHH, So jelause, cant wait to be there with you! glad to see your getting on so well. Anyway, everything is now sorted, bought a bag and boots and all that and have insurance and everything. I arrive on the 23rd from costa rica at quito airport. i will send you the full details later on! hope to catch you on kype at least one more time befoe then tho. lots of love, Jamesiev.

P.S. Lolo

Post a Comment