Merida

I arrived in Merida a few days ago and have been staying at a lovely B&B Hostal. Eventhough I have had a dorm to myself. You have to walk through it to get to the bathroom so I have been woken up several times and am ready for a good sleep. It is in a large colonial house that used to belong to some famous poet back in the day. It is right on the central square and has a huge courtyard.

Merida is a pretty large city and is the medical capital of Mexico, or so says my guide book. Which was great since I had to go and see a doctor for my cough. I was prescribed something and am already feeling much better eventhough my cough is still there - it´s about time!

I have done a lot of walking around. It´s a beautiful city and I haven´t felt the urge to go and see any of the ruins nearby. I did go to see a bull fight on sunday. That was the first and hopefully the last I will ever see. Not something for me....

I am off to catch a bus to campeche in about an hour and will be on my way. Merida is a place I could easily stay for a few weeks if it weren´t for the noisy door. The hostal is also quite pricey so I am happy to be on my way. Mexico is alot more expensive than I had anticipated and unfortunately it´s not easy too get vegetarian food. At least I have been staying places where I can cook for myself!

1 comments:

Unknown March 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Where is your next port of call?

lots of love,

Mom

Post a Comment