Valladolid & Around

I arrived in Valladolid a couple days ago and am staying at a really nice hostel called casa Candelaria. The afternoon that I got in, I went with someone to two cenotes which are a twenty five minute bike ride from the hostel. We went swimming in one of them. You had to go down into a sort of cavern. There were bats and a hole which you could look up at. There was a tree nearby and its roots hung down the hole into the cenote. They were pretty neat. The other cenote had alot of people and it was near closing time so we went and just had a peak. One of the guys who works there pointed out some stlagmites/tites that look like various things.

I went to Chichen Itza yesterday. They are some mayan ruins which are one of the seven wonders of the modern world. They were pretty impressive, but unlike other ruins you couldn´t walk around on them, they were all roped off. There were also two cenotes although I only found one of them.

Today I went to Ek Balam. These are some more ruins which are less crowded but still pretty impressive. Not quite like Tikal, Chichen Itza or Caracol though. There was also a big cenote nearby that we went swimming in. There was a group of Mexican men there. One had a snake and the other a lizard. I held them both...

I am staying here until Wednesday afternoon, then I need to go to Cancun so that I can get my plane on thursday, I am just trying to spend as little time there as possible. I saw enough when I flew in in January.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

I have loved reading about your "ADVENTURE". I expect you are tired but really excited about all the beauty you have enjoyed and feeling good about trials you have endured.

I looked up many of the cities/villages/hostels you have visited mostly using Bing maps and I read up cenotes.

Keep having fun! Many good wishes for continued spectacular experiences. Aunt M.

Jessie May 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Maybe a lot of hotels are really amazing place but don't forget that hostels are also one of the best lodging around the world.

Hostel Buenos Aires

Post a Comment