Quito y Baños

I spent a few days in Quito after dad left. I went to the basilica again and this time climbed up to the top. There was pretty much a vertical ladder that you had to climb up - much scarier than the one in Tikal. The view was worth it though. I met up with James that afternoon and the next day we took a cable car up to the top of a mountain, again a great view. We decided to be adventurous and walk down. Took a lot longer than we expected, but I guess that is usually the case when you get lost!

We went to Baños the next day, its about four hours from Quito. Its a nice place for outdoor activities. We went to some communal baths which is what this area is famous for. They were crowded and the water had a slightly "off" colour. We went for a hike up the mountain. Was very nice. Then the next day we went rafting. Was fun, but trust me to get injured. I hurt my foot and had to go to the clinic here. They cant xray so I have to wait until we are in a bigger city. We are going to Montañita this evening. I will just take some pain killers and hope it feels better. I figured a beach town is the best place to put my foot up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment